What really is a virtual assistant? Do you know they are more than a secretary? Do you realize online outsourcing can HELP you reach your goals for your business? A freelancer/online outsourcing/VA is someone who has a level of knowledge you may not possess. Yes, that knowledge is something you could learn, but it is not a good use of YOUR time and resources. So why spends endless hours learning how to make your website look perfect or to leverage Pinterest to drive more traffic to your site when you can spend those hours working on the part of your business you LOVE.
Things to consider before you hire
You may still be on fence about online outsourcing. Here are a few things you can do to see whether or not you are ready to hire.
- Track all the things you do on a daily basis for a week or two.
- Make a list for things you are willing to hire out.
- Write out a process for how you want that job to be handled
By tracking what you do you will probably find about 80% of what you do can be hired out cheaply. The other 20% will land in a more expensive category, a more specialize category. However, the more expensive category might not be in your wheel house of knowledge. Now you have to decide is the money spent on hiring out worth it to you.
Now writing out a process will minimize the time spent training a VA. They will know exactly what you want and how you want it done. Therefore, saving yourself money because as we all know time is money.
How did they get there?
Look at successful people like Oprah, Martha Stewart, or even Ree Drummond. Their public persona is a single person that has reached high places, the highest. Do you think they did it alone? No they surrounded themselves with people, a team. A team to that helped them get to those high places. People who are experts in their fields.
Are you a player, coach or owner?
Let’s pretend your business is a football team. At the beginning, you are everything. You are the quarterback, receiver, defensive lineman, guard, tackle, center, linebacker. You are all of them. At the beginning of the business this is good for a couple of reasons. 1) You may not have the funds to outsource and 2) you learn everything about your business and what it entails.
However as you grow, your position should grow too. You should become the coach/manager. You should work on your business not in your business. Outsourcing and delegating positions/jobs/tasks will better your game. Maybe you are drowning in emails or Pinterest is just not your thing. When you don’t pay attention to these things you will lose forward momentum. Things will fall through the cracks. Your business will suffer. The other team is going to make the goals and points you could and should be making for your team/business.
Now you are ready to hire but you don’t have a clue what you should do next. Here are a couple of suggestions on how to find a good VA.
- Ask around. You probably know a few people that have hired a VA.
- You can find a VA’s in Facebook groups. Ask in one of your Facebook Groups.
- There are also outsourcing companies where you can post a job (one time or on going) and VA/freelancers will bid on the job. I personally have not used or worked for any of these companies. I have heard mix reviews as both the person who hires and the person hired.
- Last, Do a search in Google or even Pinterest.
VA’s are a hot topic these days. They are not hard to find a VA. What is hard to do is to find someone that clicks with you. I liken finding a good VA to finding a friend. Take the time to get to know them and how they work. You won’t be sorry.
specialized online outsourcing
Where do you want to be? How far to you want to go? What if being the coach is not where you want to be? You will have to up your game even more. Now you want to be the OWNER. Now, you are going to be looking for the very specialize online outsourcing talent. You are looking to replace and enhance your position as the coach. You will probably find the need to have several coaches. For example, an Online Business Manager(OBM) a Pinterest Manager, Marketing expert, IT expert, or a Content Writer. A football team has offensive line coaches, defensive line coaches, quarterback coaches and so on. Those coaches are making sure the team succeeds. So you can look at the bigger picture as the owner of the team, the owner of YOUR business. You are going to remove yourself from the day to day operations let your coaches/managers handle it. You then will have the freedom to concentrate on your strengths and what you love about your business.
It all comes down to this…YOU CAN’T DO IT ALL! Whether want your business to be Peewee, High School, College or Professional. Online outsourcing help is an investment that will grow your business.
If you want to up you business game and do not know where to even start. Click here to look at my services pages or feel free to contact me for a consultation. I can help, I want to help you.
Thanks for stopping by.