I have very fond memories of my college roommate and her family. Her family always made me feel right at home. I have spent many special occasions with them. From Easter to New Years Eve to birthday parties and summer cookouts to christening of babies and weddings and funerals. Each and every time feeling like I was one of the family. These Homemade Chocolate and Peanut Butter Squares were always at these occasions. I asked Chris for this recipe and to my surprise her sister is the one that always made them. Thanks for the recipe.
Chris and I live 3000 miles from each other but she is one of those friends that no matter how long it has been since we have seen each other we can pick up right were we left off. I was once told if you can count on one hand your true friends you are a very lucky person because true friends are hard to find. Chris, you are a true friend and I love you.
Ingredients for the Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
2 cups of peanut butter
4 cups of powdered sugar
2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups of butter(3 sticks)
2 cups of chocolate chips
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in a sauce pan
- Process the graham crackers in the food processor
- Mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, and the sugar together.
- In a cookie pan, spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- In a sauce pan melt the last stick of butter. Then add the chocolate chips, stir until it comes to a boil.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter mixture. Spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until set (about 1 hour).
- Let it set in room temperature before you cut it into bite size squares.
If you are a fan for Peanut Butter Cups, you have to try these Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares.
Do you have certain candy recipes you make all the time? I would love to hear about it.
Thanks for stopping by.
P.S. Check out more candy here.