Stocking stuffers for kids is one of my favorite traditions. I love finding the little gifts. The whole tradition has the happy memories for me, when I was a child and of my children.
So where did the tradition of hanging stocking out on Christmas Eve begin? In the third century, St. Nicholas was said to be very generous to the poor. He would secretly give gold to families of young poor girls so the would have a dowries and would be able to get married. He sometimes would put it in freshly washed stockings that were hung by the fire to dry or in shoes filled with hay to dry out.
Over time it has evolved to what we now know as Santa Claus coming down the chimney and filling personalized stockings with little gifts, candy, nuts and fruit.
Below I selected a few stocking stuffers for kids. Many of these have come from my childhood. I think they are timeless.
The first five stocking stuffers for kids.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- What kid doesn’t like knock knock jokes?
- AND the same can be said about MAD LIBS.
- I love this book mark. My son has to read a certain number of minutes a night for homework.
- Gel pens are awesome! These are fruity scent.
- Wikki Stix. These are new to me. However, they look so fun!
Next Five Stocking stuffer for kids
6. Slinky – I spent hours playing with it on the stairs as a kid. Until is got all tangled up. (sad face)
7. Play Doh – I don’t know how many pretend pizzas I ate for my daughter.
8. Tangle – These are fun fidget-ity toys.
9. Silly Puddy– I loved to see how high I could get it to bounce. And let us not forget about coping the funny pages.
10. Water rings – We used to have contests to see who could get all of them hooked the fastest.
Do you have favorites from when you were a kid? I would love to hear about them.
Thanks for stopping by.